HP has changed the download location for QC at least 3 times in past 4 months.
Here is the updated URL to install HP Quality Center 11 (also known as HP Application LifeCycle Management ALM tool) 30 days trial on your machine.
Please follow ALL steps closely -
- Go to Download Quality Center link
- Click on the TRIALS AND DEMOS dropdown and click HP APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT 11 EVALUATION
- Click on “I Agree” button.
- Assuming you are trying to download Quality Center for windows, click on Software_HP_11.00_Windows_TC096_15000.zip and Software_HP_11.00_Windows_TC096_15000.z01. You need to download BOTH the files in order to install QC. (In case you are downloading Linux/Unix variants you may need to download the appropriate versions as shown in the screenshot below)
- The two files shown above are around 2.1GB in size so it will take around 2-3 hrs to download (depending upon your internet speed)
- Make sure both files are present in the same folder and both files have exactly the same name except for the extension (.zip and .z01).
- Download and install Winzip or WinRar. (7zip won’t work here)
- Double click on the .zip file and you will see .iso file.
- Extract this iso file using your favorite unzipping software.( I prefer a nice and free utility software called 7zip which can be downloaded here http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z920.exe You can download and install this utility.)
- Once extracted, go inside the folder TC096-15000\ALM and open Install.pdf file.
- If you are installing QC for learning purposes, you may just need to refer “Quality Center Starter edition” section. Go to “Installing Quality Center Starter Edition” section in the pdf file and follow the steps. The place where it asks you to use/insert CD, you can run the Setup.msi file present under TC096-15000\ALM\Installation\Win32 for 32 bit OS and TC096-15000\ALM\Installation\Win64 for 64 bit OS.
That’s it! QC should now be installed. All the best.