In July 2011, HP has already announced the arrival of QC (ALM) 11 certification. In case you are looking for QC 11 certification read on…
What are the major changes between QC 10.0 certification exam and QC 11.0 certification exam?
Instead of Quality Center(QC) Software v11 it will now be known as Application Lifecycle Management(ALM) Software 11. In QC 10.0 and earlier versions you need to take both QC exam(HP0-M31) AND QTP exam(HP0-M39) to get AIS certificate from HP. Starting with ALM 11, you just need to take one core exam that is HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.x Software (Code HP0-M46). (Informally known as QC 11 certification exam)
What to expect in HP0-M46: HP Quality Center 11.0 exam?
- Number of items: 67
- Item types: multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and point and click
- Exam time: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 74%
[Source: HP ALM 11 exam preparation guide]
What is the syllabus for ALM 11 certification exam?
Please check the table below.
|%Allotted To Each Section||HP0-M46 Sections and Objectives|
|11||ALM concepts, architecture, and components
• Identify and describe terms and concepts.
• Identify and describe ALM applications and modules.
• Identify learning aids available in ALM.
• Describe the basic security model to access ALM.
• Describe the licensing model for QC/ALM.
• Describe the ALM client side.
|12||Management terms, concepts, and tools
• Define release management terms.
• Identify and describe release management tools and concepts.
• Describe and apply project planning concepts and tracking tools.
• Describe the reporting capability under Project Planning and Tracking.
• Identify and define library management terms, concepts, and features.
• Define and describe baselines.
• View, move, and synchronize folders and libraries.
|9||Requirements implementation and management
• Identify and describe requirement characteristics and advantages.
• View, associate, assign, and validate requirements.
• Implement requirement coverage.
• Interpret coverage reports.
• Leverage Rich Text capabilities and templates in the Requirements module.
• Describe and configure the Traceability Matrix.
|3||Risk-based testing, steps, and factors
• Define and describe risk-based testing.
• Identify and describe risk-based processing steps and factors used for testing
|6||Test Plan build
• Explain the Test Plan tree use and creation.
• Design and write test steps.
• Define and use test configurations for a test.
|10||Test Sets plan and execution
• Describe test execution terms, concepts, and workflow.
• Describe test execution functions, status, flow, and best practices.
• Explain how to test multiple requirements using a single test.
|11||Defect tracking concepts, features, and best practices
• Identify and describe tracking concepts, features, and best practices.
|3||Version Control use and configuration
• Explain how version control is implemented.
• Identify and describe entity version control status.
|11||Reports build and data management
• Explain where data is physically stored in ALM.
• Identify and describe administrative data management tasks and tools.
• Describe report creation and formats.
• Designate, create, and configure graphs.
|4||Business Models module key concepts, terms, and operations
• Explain key terms and concepts needed for using the Business Models
• Explain the operation of the Business Models module.
|6||HP Sprinter key concepts and operations
• Explain key terms and concepts related to Sprinter.
• Demonstrate knowledge of using Sprinter’s basic features.
• Explain ALMs project customization features for Sprinter.
|4||ALM integrations and extensions
• Describe the functions and uses of the ALM Synchronizer.
• Explain the operational principles of the ALM synchronizer.
• Identify and describe ALM’s integration with supported third-party IDEs.
• Identify use cases for permission customization.
• Explain how to customize default permissions.
• Describe customization options for system defined entities.
• Explain how to configure the Automail feature.
• Describe the workflow implementation framework.
• Explain the cross project customization shared process and entities.
• Explain ALM’s concept of a “major” change vs. a “minor” change and why
How to enroll for QC 11 certification?
Here are the steps you can follow to register for HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.x Software. Code for this exam is HP0-M46.
With effect from Feb 1st, 2012 HP certification exams are conducted by Pearson VUE. You need to apply for HP learner ID here. Once you have the Learner ID, you can then proceed to create your user profile at Pearson VUE.
Exams can be purchased using credit cards/PayPal or Wire transfer. The country specific price list can be found here.
How to prepare for QC 11 certification?
QC Cert is a set of 226 questions. QC Cert will not only help you ace QC 11 certification exam but will also help you get a firm grasp over QC concepts. We have invested a lot of time and energy to come up with these questions and have tried to incorporate almost all major concepts of QC and syllabus of QC 11 certification inside these papers. Check more details here.